Are you want to try rice and moong dal khichdi?
If are looking for a healthy recipe that is packed with minerals and vitamins then rice and moong dal khichdi are perfect for you. There is no doubt this recipe is loaded with high protein with low calories. If we talk about its health benefits of moong dal khichdi it reduces bad cholesterol & improves the flexibility of your arteries & veins.
If you have no idea about how to make perfect moong dal khichdi, then you are coming to the right place, here you find the step by step process of how to make rice and moong dal khichdi successfully at home.
Rice And Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe Ingredients:
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Also Read: Samosa Recipe How To Make Perfect Samosa
Steps On How To Make Rice And Moong Dal Khichdi:
1. The very first step is you need to wash the rice & moong dal under running water & place them aside.
2. Now add water, salt, turmeric powder, chopped tomato & garlic paste together with rice & moong dal you washed earlier.
3. Now cook them all-around 10 minutes or until get soften. You can add water according to your need or the consistency for khichdi.
4. After cooking for around 10 minutes now you have to temper it.
5. Now it’s time to prepare for tempering, so you need to take a frying pan, put in some oil, and heat it. Add mustard seeds, garlic clove (chopped), chilies (dry red), and asafoetida accordingly. Fry it for around 2-3 minutes and pour this mixture on the top of rice and moong khichdi, you cooked earlier. Now cover it and wait for 2-3 minutes.
6. Now it’s time to ready a tomato chutney, firstly roast the tomato & peel it accordingly.
7. Now mash the tomatoes with coriander & garlic paste and add salt according to your taste. Now your chutney is ready and you can serve your rice and moong dal khichdi with tomato chutney.