Are you looking for the how to make methi matar malai recipe in the right way at home so you can enjoy the taste of methi during winter?
As a food lover you have a good idea about there are two types of methi available in the market 1 comes with a small leaf and another comes with big leaves, you can choose any one of them as per your need and taste but I personally prefer small leaves methi because it has a great is smell and taste in comparison of big leaves methi.
At the end of this recipe article, you are able to cook the methi matar malai recipe in the right way and also offer you great taste to your friend and family members.
About Methi Matar Malai Recipe:
There is no doubt methi matar malai is one of the most common North Indian curries it is very delicious which is made up of fenugreek leaves, cream, and peas. You can find this mostly in Punjabi restaurants and North Indian people really like this delicious recipe on their menu.
1. Cuisine: North Indian
2. Course: Main course
3. Diet: vegetarian, gluten-free
4. Difficulty level: Easy
Preparation time and serving:
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Methi matar malai recipe ingredients:
1. Green Peas:1/2 cup
2. Green methi: around 200 grams finely chopped
3. Oil or ghee 1 to 2 tablespoon
4. Cream: 1/2 cup
5. Number of Tomato: 2
6. Dhaniya powder: 1 tsp
7. Number of green chilies: 2
8. Cumin seeds or jeera powder: 1/2 tsp
9. Sugar: 1/4 tsp
10. Ginger: 1-inch long piece
11. Salt: 3/4 tsp as per your need
12. Garam masala around 1/4 tsp or as per your need
Steps on How to cook methi matar malai recipe:
1. In the very first step you need to break the steps of the methi leaves and twice clean the methi leaves with clean drainage water. After cleaning the methi leaves now you’re finally each of them and place them into a vessel.
2. Now you need to take the Safal matar or you can peel the fresh peas matar available in the market and wash them gently.
3. After this now you take 2 medium size tomatoes and cut them after washing.
4. Take to green chilies, break their stem and make them ready for cooking.
5. Now take the ginger, wash them, and cut them into a 1-inch long piece.
6. Now make the fine paste of Ginger, green chilies, and tomato and place them in a vessel for further use.
7. Now It’s time to take the vessel and add half a cup of water and put the chopped methi leaves, peas and keep it on the gas to boil. Now waiting for water to come to boil now set the flame on low and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Now take some oil in the pan and add some jeera in hot oil. Now add some coriander powder and roast with jeera and grounded the spices well. Simply fry the spices until they seem granular. After this put some cream and fry another for 2 to 3 minutes.
9. After this take boiled methi and peas place them on the pot and mix them well and put some salt sugar and garam masala while stirring.
10. You can add some water as per the thickness of curry or as per your need, now cook the mixture until the water gets to boil, now your methi matar malai curry is ready to serve.
11. Now it’s time to take out the curry in a boil and serve hot matar malai curry with chapati, paratha, rice, and naan.
Methi Matar Malai Recipe: conclusion
There is no doubt methi matar malai recipe is one of the most popular vegetarian recipes in North India and especially North Indian people prefer to eat during winters when the ability of fresh methi is in a good amount.
I hope after going to the above methi matar malai recipe able to cook the methi matar malai recipe in the right way and serve the methi matar malai to your family and enjoy this delicious recipe with great taste.