Are you looking for dahi mix dal tadka? If you are looking for something unique spicy & healthy Indian traditional recipe then Dahi mix dal tadka is a perfect recipe for you. You can try this dahi mix tadka recipe with rice and chapati.
If you don’t know how to make Dahi mix dal tadka, here you find the step by step insights on how to prepare Dahi mix dal tadka successfully.
Dahi Mix Dal Tadka Ingredients:
How To Make Dahi Mix Dal Tadka
1. Take a bowl and mix the 2 tbsp chana dal, moong dal, masoor dal, and urad dal each, wash & soak it for 1 hr.
2. After this now drain out the excess water from the soaked bowl.
3. Now preheat the cooker so that you can prepare the mix dal.
4. Now add 2 tbsp Ghee to the preheat cooker and add ½ tsp cumin seeds & ½ pinch asafoetida and roast it for some time.
5. After this now add solid spices (2 Bay leaves,1 Stick cinnamon stick,1 Black Cardamom,2 Cloves,7 Black peppers,2 dry red chilies) and add tsp Ginger (grated),2 Green chilies, ½ tsp Cumin Powder, ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder,1 tsp Coriander Powder roast accordingly.
6. After this now add soaked dal into the roasted spices and continue to stir it around for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
7. Now add the 2 cups of water in roasted dal and salt as per requirement and mix them well.
8. After this now close the lid of the cooker and waiting for a single whistle. After a single whistle now slows down the heat & waiting for another 2 minutes.
9. Now turn off the heat and open the lid after 2 minutes & waiting for the cooker the release its pressure.
10 . After this now again turn on the heat & boil the dal.
Curd Preparation method:
1. Take the curd in the bowl & add 1 tsp of the coriander powder, ¼ tsp of the red chilli powder,½ tsp of the cumin powder accordingly and mix them well.
2. Now stir the curd mixture into small portions on high flame & add coriander (finely chopped) into the boiled dal & mix them perfectly.
For the tempering:
1. Now take a preheat tempering pan, add 1 tbsp ghee,¼ cumin seeds and now add 2 dry red chilies and 1 pinch of the red chili powder.
2. Now pour the tempering over dal & mix it perfectly. After this, your dahi mix dal tadka is ready to serve with chappati & rice.